Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 106:1 NKJV
Praise flows easily when you believe in your heart that God can and will work all things together for your good. So, if you know the situation is going to work out for your good, what’s the point in letting it get to you? The fact that God is going to turn your situation around is grounds to praise Him right now!
God loves it when you praise Him, despite what you see, feel, or hear. He loves it when you trust in His goodness and love towards you, even when it looks like things are going from bad to worse.
You may ask, “Why did this happen to me?” Perhaps you’ve said, “I never expected things to turn out this way.” There’s no point in trying to figure things out with your mind when, in truth, God is a good God and all His plans and purposes for you are only good.
Victory over your circumstances comes when you refuse to lean on your own understanding. Victory comes when you trust in God with all your heart, believing without a shadow of doubt that He will fulfill His promise to satisfy you with goodness (see Psalm 65:4). Praise is the natural outflow of true faith in God’s love.
- Praise honors God
- Praise lets the world know your trust is in the love of your heavenly Father
- Praise affirms your reliance on God’s faithfulness and commitment to you
- Praise guards your mind from the torment of human reasoning
- Praise protects your emotions from the oppressive spirit of heaviness
- Praise refreshes your revelation of God’s love and mercy towards you
- Praise keeps you focused on, and flowing in, the goodness of God
Regardless of the circumstances you may be facing today, take the time to praise God. When you do, He will fully satisfy you with His goodness.
Confession: I trust in my heavenly Father and His never-ending love for me. I believe His plans and purposes for me are for my good. Right now I declare my praise and thanks to the Lord, whose mercy endures forever!
Author: Jerry Savelle